Well, I wanted to give a report on my recent request for music suggestions. My 15 credits ran out last Thursday sometime in the afternoon, and thus I made my choices before a few last suggestions came in (sorry, Jason and Bill).
So here’s what I went with. Even though Bruce called a foul on Brendan for recommending an entire album, and Brendan never came back to suggest a few more tracks specifically, I did go with number of tracks from that album and another by the same artist: Roadside Graves, who incidentally, I really have been enjoying.
I should also note that some of your recommendations led me to (or reminded me of) others that ended up being chosen as well. There were also at least one maybe two tracks that Lala just didn’t have available.
So here they are:
1. Anthony’s Gate by Roadside Graves (My Son’s Home)
2. No One Will Know Where You’ve been by Roadside Graves (No One Will Know Where You’ve Been)
3. Ruby by Roadside Graves (My Son’s Home)
4. Heartbeats by Jose Gonzalez (Veneer) — BTW, Josh, Lala didn’t have the Flaming Lips title.
5. Family and Friends by Roadside Graves (No One Will Know…)
6. West Coast by Roadside Graves (No One Will Know…)
7. I Love You Sweet Baby by Kimya Dawson (Alphabutt) — this is quirky but it led me to numbers 14 and 15.
8. Angel From Montgomery by Susan Tedeschi (Live from Austin TX) — This one pushes my tastes a bit, but I promise to give it several more honest listens.
9. Far and Wide by Roadside Graves (My Son’s Home)
10. Take A Train by Roadside Graves (My Son’s Home)
11. Valley by Roadside Graves (My Son’s Home)
12. Lucky by Colbie Caillat and Jason Mraz (We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.)
13. The Outsiders by Needtobreathe (The Outsiders)
14. Anyone Else but You by The Moldy Peaches (The Moldy Peaches)
15. All I Want Is You by Barry Louis Polisar (Juno Soundtrack) — which reminds me that I really enjoyed the film Juno. It’s quirky, offensive, and yet wonderfully simple and subversive on a number of levels.